Saturday, July 15, 2006

Yeah, i'm back from sc camp. Another leadership training camp coming up in 2 wks time. I think e camp has been a gd bonding session for all of us. Time to get to noe each other n break e ice :) Had a gd talk with wilson e advisor yest until 2 am. I so afraid that what he said will be true. 90% of us will not be in the industry that we're studying right now. Everyone seems to say that n he's an example.

But somewhere in my heart, i noe where i stand and what i'll want to be and acheive. Yes, reality can be harsh and e future seems so unstable. Along e way, we lose hope and maybe sometimes lose the passion and e energy to fight. Some make it, some gave up. I hope i can make it or maybe i must make it.

Being in e design industry is nv easy esp in spore. It's a fact and we can't deny it. Somehow e design industry in other countries seem more appealing, attractive and creative. I hope in many years to come we can change e fact. I do wish to hav a chance to travel, explore and learn. But my destination would still be here, my home.

Wil also said it's only those who be themselves throughout e journey able to make it. Those who tried to be unique and funny in e way they dress or their work lose themselves. I guess it's 'normal' to see some design students to dress weird, hav a funny hairstyle/colour or maybe a designish look. I'm glad i'm still me :) I might change for e better or hav changed, grow up n become more mature in my perspective in e near future. Isn't this a part n parcel of life? E journey to become an adult.

It's always nice to talk n share with e adults. They definitely hav alot life experiences to share. Honestly speaking, being e only designer in e club is stressful. I don't hav any assistant unlike other roles. But i'm glad we're a gd team, fun advisor n uncle sam with des backgrounds. Uncle sam's constant asking "sam, what do u think.. what does this look like.." I'm so thankul for e respect he always hav in my opinion. It make me feel so gd. N now, he is e senior sam while i'm e junior.

junior sam sound nice yea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home