Friday, August 19, 2011

Great meeting you.








I was walking up the stairs of the shophouse along boat quay where Asylum is located. Asking myself if I'm not dreaming. I never thought I would have a chance to meet Chris, the industry big shot aka god of Singapore Design. Someone who has inspired me back in poly days and is still insipiring today. I've been a fan of his creative work, philosophy and achievements. I'm always caught reading about his latest work/interviews online.

First thing he said, hey you look familiar. Guess we met before when I helped out at the design society exhibition few years back. The 80 mins conversation we had today was a rewarding one. We spoke about agency life, school days, our lovely clients and dreams. He summarized his life journey as a fresh grad, surviving in agency and eventually working in one of the best agency, the break through where he started Asylum. He was really nice to dig out some of the print works for me to see, feel and touch the actual creative outcome.

At the end of the day, it's about being passionate and hungry for good work. It been a while since I feel so enlightened and inspired again. I got my book signed! :) These sort of opportunities don't happen much. It still feel surreal. Back to thinking what I want to achieve in this lifetime before taking the next step. If life can be less complicated, less responsibility to shoulder. I would already had knew my answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home