Saturday, October 11, 2008

NYAA Gold Award Ceremony










































a big birthday present for myself (:



















It's been a challenging yet fulfilling journey. I took about 2 years to complete all the criteria of the award- since I started in year two and completing it just after graduation. The highlights of the ceremony- we went up individually and shook hands with The President Mr. S R Nathan. My first experience to meet the President so up close. I think most of us got a lil nervous when the MC called out our name and when President spoke to every single recipient. Aft the ceremony, uncle sam brought us to some cafe and catch up (: It been a while since we met... So much has happened during the past 3 months.

Looking back,
it was a last min decision to accompany lanhui to enquire about the Gold Award during year 2. Then we went to SAA and so that's how i met uncle sam! It was also through him that i got in touch with sports club, nyaa challenge, opportunities to design for sch wide events, fyp, how i met andrew and we fulfilled his dream(he shared with lanhui n me during the first conversation) to plan a train trip to malaysia last year. Thank you seems nv enough but i don't know what else to say. Thank you for your encouragement, guidance and making my journey during poly years a pleasant one.


My first email to him.. (sounded so green-horn when i read it now!)

Hi Mr Tan,

I've decided to give it a go after some considerations. I was kind of held back by my worries of not having enough of the calibre yet.

However, I want to give it a good try, a chance to do my very best. I'm sure it will be a good opportunity to learn and explore, build up my portfoilo and gain new knowledge.

I also wish to find out if there is weekly meeting to attend or do I only have to help with those design works?

Thanks alot for your offer! I really appreciate it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home